KCHA was formed in 1954 as the Kaukauna Hospital Auxiliary to serve the Kaukauna Community Hospital. We are a nonprofit volunteer group that helped the hospital in purchasing equipment for and maintaining the facility as well as serving as volunteers in the facility for many years. We also participated in health education in the community, offered scholarships, and supported community health programs. When the hospital closed in 1996, we revisited our mission, and realized that although we no longer supported a local hospital, we felt very strongly about our dedication to improving health conditions in the Heart of the Valley and to continue to provide funding for our many projects.
- Some of the community programs that KCHA sponsors and funds include:
- Scholarships for students pursuing careers in health/medical fields. Selected students receive $750/yr. until completion of degree
- Yearly Babysitting Clinic for 5th grade students attending Kaukauna public/parochial schools.
- First Aid Stations in Kaukauna public/parochial schools
- Donations to Kaukauna Fire and Police Departments and Paramedics for needed equipment.
- Donations to Kaukauna City Loan Closet for disability needs equipment
- Funding for baby changing stations in Kaukauna public buildings
- WHALE (We Have a Little Emergency) Program with Kaukauna Police Department (a child seat-occupant identification program)
- Grants to community health/medical requests as approved by membership